Kaplan University - 2 credits short because Kaplan did not inform me

Herndon, Virginia 0 comments
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

This is hard to explain. I'll start from the top.

I attended Kaplan University online to get my Bachelors in Business Administration. Towards the end of my degree I ended up paying them $1700 because they had a lock on my account. I maxed out my credit card to do so. I had also previously had to pay then $700, can't remember exactly when.

So I went through the entire degree program. During my last term, I contacted the graduation team so that I could walk. (my life's goal - I'm 51 and never graduated HS) Everyone gave me the run around, and finally would never respond. The next issue I found was that when I was adding up my credits for my last term, I realized I was 2 credits short.

Why did they never say anything earlier in my student career? So I thought about it, I took all of the 6 credit courses. All that was left was 5 credit courses. I took everything I was scheduled to take.

Why am I short???? So I contacted my advisor. They had a 2 credit course that I could take. So I said fine because she said they would cover the cost.

Now I'm taking the course and I'm being told I had to apply for a Pell grant. Just spoke with financial aid ad they said I was not eligible for one. Then they started asking me a bunch of questions that I had already spent an hour telling someone else in their department - who by the way failed to make any notes in my account. Now I owe them another $1700 and my transcripts are blocked and I'm stuck taking this *** class.

GRRRRRRRR I don't know what to do or who to talk to.

The whole thing is very confusing in how it happened. I need help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Bachelor Of Science In Business Administration Program.

I liked: What i learned, Professors.

I didn't like: Fraudulent practices, Unethical.