Kaplan University - Pushy advisors

Some of the advisors are very pushy and uncompassionate and do not let up.

Kaplan University - Kaplan's Horrible Finance Department

1.5
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I attended Kaplan University online over two years ago. I thought this was a great way for me to get my degree and still allow me to work full time to earn money.

The admissions department was super nice and got me all signed up. During the classes I realized how unorganized this school actually was. At first I just assumed that this was a new school that was just starting out but I was in shock when I was told it wasn't. I didn't attend Kaplan for longer than a semester due to the fact I absolutely couldn't absorb any of the information that was being taught.

Which I personally believe that I am just not meant for online schooling. While I was not totally in love with how the material was presented what makes me really angry is Kaplan's Finance department. Turns out over two years later while trying to get my transcripts I now owe Kaplan a total of $777, which I have to pay before they will release my transcripts. I don't have a problem paying the money but what no one at Kaplan will answer is why was I not contacted about this balance before.

According to my account there I owe them $0 because February of last year they wrote of my debt to collections. Another thing they won't answer is to what collections agency? I am anal about checking my credit and have zero debt in collections at this time, I was baffled to see that I owed that much in collections and even more dumbfounded as to why I wasn't contacted by anybody for over a year. If you are late one a credit card payment they call you day and night how am I supposed to believe that they wouldn't call me about my balance.

Trying to an answer out of these people is a joke. I have had at lest two people tell me that they will call me back and of course I get nothing.

I call them I get transferred and hung up on. I absolutely would not recommend this college for the simple fact of they are seriously unorganized.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Simply to be informed of the problems i have experienced.

Kaplan University - Have their practices investigated

2.3
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Unrealistic document due dates and no contact from academic advising for several weeks. My academic adviser literally blamed my former high school for not holding onto my academic records for 24 years when they are only required to hold onto it for 5.

50 attempts to get student just to get the student verification forms submitted and 15 attempts to get the high school transcripts to them. I left one university due to its discrimination practices only to get treated like trash by this one.

The professors are great, but the rest could not care less. Good thing I do know of some attorneys that have advised me about where to look.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Reason of review: Blocks students if high school transcripts cannot be received on the same day as requested..

Preferred solution: Accept my previous college degree completion plan with college transcript included and allow me into already scheduled courses until High School transcripts arrive. If not I will send the snapshot from my documents to the department of education..

• Kaplan review course

Kaplan University - Horrible School VET DO NOT GO HERE

Scholarship, Grants and Programs

THIS School is the worse I am a Military vet I enroll in this school to obtain a degree in my field of study, during my school term I was deployed after notifying my teachers and administrative staff that I was about to leave a few months later i receive a notification that i was disenroll instead of in hold status when I returned in march i inquired about why i was disenrolled only to find out that instead of putting me in hold status the teachers and administration FAIL ME in both classes bringing my GPA to a 1.01 after showing proof that I was deployed at the time I was reenrolled but the Fs remain I inquired to why it had been changed I receive no reply or don't worry about it after passing my current classes and thus the term I was excited because I only had one class left when I logged in the next day to begin my last term courses I found out that I was disenrolled again and kick out of the university.I called immediately only to find out that even my advisor had no clue why I was disenrolled if you are a VET DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL they will steal your G.I bill and then Denied you the degree for no reason I'm still fighting this issue myself but fair warning DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL it's full of liars and deceitful people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Preferred solution: CLOSE THE SCHOOL ITT TECH STYLE.

Comments

neurodoc
New York, New York, United States #1284444

Yes, I would contact the DOED as well, it is an absolute shame for you to be treated this way, especially since you have served our country...

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1237878

You should contact the department of education. I am also having serious problems with them and will report them should the issues continue.

Kaplan University - Given incorrect information via Kaplan rep during a phone call prior to registering for a course

I researched ACT prep classes and decided on Kaplan for my daughter. Prior to registeringing her, I called and spoke to a representative to get information on their Money Back Guarantee and was told that scores were guaranteed to increase by 4 points and if not obtained, my daughter could retake the class OR could receive a refund!

Not true, as I just called regarding a refund and was told their guarantee is for an INCREASE in the score was guaranteed, only 1 point, NOT 4!!!! Received totally FALSE information as a lure to sign up!

Who would spend $850 for a 1 point increase, that's almost guaranteed when you keep repeating a test!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Bad information given via phone call.

• Given False Guarantee Information

Kaplan University - Customer Care Review from Chicago, Illinois

Trying to help my daughter go to college Copeland University refused her because she's deaf

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Comments

neurodoc
New York, New York, United States #1284456

Wow, what a complete joke of a university, that is wrong on so many levels to deny your daughter admission due to her hearing loss... No one has the right to deny someone, because of their disability, it is not ok nor ethical to do so.

If I were you, I would not only contact the DOED, but an attorney as well. This should have never happened in the first place, I do apologize that you have had to go through this.

Kaplan University - Zero Communication, and guess who takes the fall for it? You do.

1.3
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I eagerly began to attend Kaplan with high hopes. The classes were fine- maybe a little too easy- but it was always so difficult to find information.

You cannot sign up for classes on your own, and you cannot find any real information about their financial aid on their website. You are left with the only option of calling your academic advisor with every single issue you have. At least HE answered! Every time I tried to call the financial aid office while I was a student there, I was placed on hold for up to 20 minutes, or the line would simply cut out on me.

I was not able to speak with a Financial Aid representative until about after a month after I had withdrawn from Kaplan and had received an email stating I owed over $3,000 for 1.5 weeks of the term that I "attended" before dropping out (because they apparently have never heard of a drop-out period). He informed me that had I stayed enrolled until week 5 then I would not have had to owe anything. Well, geez! Would have been great if SOMEONE had mentioned that!

This "University" is sleazy and a total money grab. Take your education elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

I didn't like: Fraudulent practices, Misrepresentation.

Kaplan University Customer Care Review from Hot Springs, Arkansas

1.6
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Not only has kaplan collected the max every term but gave each class a value of six credits in order to charge double for each class. I was told my fees would be reduced as a disabled veteran yet I ran out of aid four classes short of my bachelors degree.

I had a remaining balance of 1280.00 which the informed me they got to keep because I failed to complete the program I signed up for. The balance i owed them was supposedly only 258.00 yet after stealing 1280.00 the amount due was reduced to ten dollars.

Even I can do math better than that. Now to add insult to injury they sent a private email making sure that I knew the 1280.00 they stoled would have to be repayed plus interest on my student loans.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Kaplan University - The just want your money

Kaplan University is terrible,

Instructors do not answer emails with questions regarding projects, seminars, explanations..ANYTHING during the whole term.

Customer service are terrible!, academic advising department treat with ZERO respect, make fun of you on the phone, and with "sarcastic comments".

I wam in the middle of a class... trying to drop Kaplan but once y ou there... you are stuck in this terrible institution.!!!!!!!!!!!! All I got out of Kaplan is bills, no degree just the bigest mistake I ever made.

Kapaln should be out of business, they want your money and could care less if you get a degree.

Comments

that is true. they do want just your money.

My first class, the teacher was an ***. I can teach her more about arts than she could teach me. The second was ok. The 3rd class, the teacher was a *** and was too busy to help the students and just talked down to them if they asked for help.

The 4th was great to learn about computers.

But if you drop a class don't expect to get any money back; even though they say you can get a percentage back(which is posted on their website) you wont. I hope someone will listen and take these guys to court and give everyone back the money they should have coming.

Kaplan is horrible. I would never recommend this school to anyne.

Whenever there is a question or concern all you get is the runaround.

They sure come around when they want paid. Horrible learning experience.