Kaplan University - KAPLAN IS HORRIBLE

I attended Kaplan online in 2012-2014 when I should have received my Bachelors degree but instead I recieved a email stating I owed money. Now I was completely confused being that I had finanicial aid as well as school funding so how was this possible.

How did my aid run out without me even being acknowledged? 1700.00 is what KAPLAN is saying I owe them for what, I have no idea. On top of that. I have roughly 2 classes left which they have told me I must pay out of pocket and remind you, these classes are a couple of $1000 dollars EACH.

Being a single mother of two, this is finacial tragedy. My education is not only on stand still but I am in educational DEBT because of the lack of communication and scams from this school. 2 yrs later, I find out its on my credit and has lowered my score. Again.

kaplan has no explanations or sympathy for anything at all. Why do they wait until graduation before they finacially *** over. Please HELP.

I can't go on with my goals or educational plans because of this. And I just want to better myself for my children but Kaplan could careless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Kaplan University Fraud

You don't have to wait until close to graduation to be ripped on in the financial aid department. They said I had to use their private lender for my aid because I did not qualify for the Pell Grant.

So I did or so I thought, I found out today that there are 16 Stafford loans in my name totaling almost $70,000 and didn't even complete the course because they started calling me and telling me that to continue I would have to pay $1000 more up front per class in order to continue. Who can afford that?

I want help with this matter. I tried to get help from the student Loan Debt forgiveness and even they want more money than I have just to help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: student aid.

I didn't like: Fraudulent practices.

Springfield, Illinois, United States #1341148

Where do I send my complaint. Where do I sign

You do not need to pay to apply for loan forgiveness because a school committed fraud. The company will take $ to go fill out the forms for free for you.

Your paying them to do the same thing you can go do for free....that's just wrong.

Please go to https://borrowerdischarge.ed.gov/FormWizard/BDU/BDUBorrowerInfo.aspx and fill out the form yourself to request loan forgiveness. Hope this helps!

Kaplan University - Financial Aid Service Review from Pinehurst, North Carolina

Pinehurst, North Carolina 0 comments

My third issue with this university is they continue to brief me the false information. I started school August 24 and my financial aid check was just put in the mail September 20.

Additionally, I submitted my 15-16 verification on September 09. I spoke to a supervisor on September 14 and she kept guessing on the questions I asked but briefed me she verified my information and I'll receive an award letter in 5 business days. I called a week later to follow up on the phone call from her supervisor I never received and spoke to Deilani who states my information did not flow over and it'll be another 5 business days before I receive the letter. I asked her could the last person I spoke to on the 14th caught this?

She said yes. She put me in contact with her supervisor who was very apologetic (Kayla/Carla) who said she'all have her team process it today and I'll receive my award letter no later than Wednesday. I never received it so Thursday I called and spoke to Delano who said nothings been done. He tried to reach out to Kayla/Carla and she said she will give me a courtesy call later.

I said that's not a courtesy bc I've reached out to her and a courtesy would be her calling me before I called asking to speak to her manager now. Delano said I cannot speak to a manager without talking to another supervisor. I asked for Kapland policy letter and he said he can't provide it.

He transferred me to Brandon who said he can't provide it but the goal is to have a manager call me today. I asked if I could be transferred to a managers voicemail and

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Kaplan University - KU is Fraudulent!!!!! Potential Students Beware!!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona 1 comment

Kaplan University mismanaged my Federal Student loan.

I enrolled as a student at Kaplan University (KU) mid 2012 with promises that I had enough funding up until I graduate. However, I received notification two terms prior to December 1, 2015 that I will reach my limit of funding from FAFSA as an undergraduate of $60k.

I received an email stating that I will need an estimated of $22k for the next three terms; which includes room/board, transportation, computer, personal, and banking fees. In KU terms these charges are called indirect fees. I questioned the fees due to being an online student and I received a reply, via email stating that I was charged direct fees.

I spoke with my lawyer after I compared my statements from FAFSA (Nelnet) and my ledger from the web portal of KU. The charges that we debited from FAFSA and my expenses from KU was not adding up (I am also a certified public accountant). I was advised by my lawyer to request an official ledger from KU. I sent an email on Monday, November 16, 2015 requesting a ledger: expecting a reply within forty-eight hours. However I received an email today, Tuesday, November 24, 2015 stating to go online. I called KU Financial Aid Department at (866) 458-2008 and spoke to Marcey. She stated that I need to email ledgercard@KU.edu and request for an official ledger. I was upset because I received an email eight days later with the incorrect information. I am getting the run around for a simple request.

This is not the first issue that I had with KU. I claimed bankruptcy in 2014 and I had to contact my bankruptcy lawyer due to KU refusing to write off a balance.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau (Complaint Case Number 90329275) and there were no solution (although they told me to call the financial aid number for a resolution). After three days of being on hold for over an hour; there was not resolution.

Currently I sent the proper paperwork to be on a payment plan. However I was told that I was denied due to claiming bankruptcy! Since I am not able to make a FULL payment to the school, I am not able to (ironically) receive my official transcript. I called Kaplan (after several harassment calls and emails) and was told that they did not receive my denial letter from Sallie Mae nor my application. The funny this was that I saw the paper work scanned in KU's web portal. Today (March 29, 2016) I was told that I was denied because I claim bankruptcy?!?

Bottom line: I would like know EXACTLY where my FAFSA funding went to and be refunded as well as a transcript to forward to my lawyer and accountant. I was told to go online for an official transcript but I was told from different officials as local universities in Colorado that Kaplan should and am suppose to honor my request.

I have worked very hard the past three years to achieve a bachelor degree: but to no avail I am not able to graduate due to "fraudulent" financial activates from this for profit organization.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Misuse of money.

I didn't like: Misrepresentation, High loan amounts, Fraud, Scam, Unethical.

Comments

Wow! The same exact thing is happening to me right now!!

Kaplan said I registered for classes & never finished them, they were not even classes I would have taken for my major, and it was a year after I transferred to another school. I was a straight A student, so why would I do that?

Except it just occurred 5 years after I graduated! And I am now learning of this?

Kaplan University - Thieves, Liars,Fraud, and Dummies

Never in my collegiate career have I ever encountered a school where no one knows anything and you are always given the same generic answer. I took one class and was dropped because they said they hadn't received my transcripts when the email I got from the electronic system clearly stated that they had.

Then they want to make me wait 30 days for a financial review and are refusing to release my funds back to the US Dept of Education even though I am not enrolled. Someone has to be in charge of taking these matters seriously.

Online schools are designed to help those who needed a non traditional educational path. But schools like this are taking advantage of us and no one seems to care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Preferred solution: Cancel my aid in the COD so I can move on with my life and education.

Kaplan University - Financial Aid Service Review from Linden, Texas

Linden, Texas 1 comment

I started became a Kaplan university online student in 2010 applied science degree in medical assisting. For 2 years I was on the Deans list.

For the term of 2012, I had 8 hours of clinicals left. An unknown caller whom was having an affair with my husband called Kaplan and said I was a drug and alcoholic. They terminated me, and my grade went from A to an F. I had to retake my clinicals.

I've been fighting and trying to seek help for 4 years now. My educational goal and dreams are gone. They did not follow protocol nor investigate the matter. I saved all my emails persons names that didn't matter.

As a single mom Kaplan took money. I can't continue my education because of the student financial aid. They have me as an incomplete and I finished my courses. Why do they lie and target poor students just to take the funding.

I need help with this problem.

I want to resume my career and can't. I'm now suffering from depression all that hard work I done and Kaplan taking my dream away from me over a lie that they did not investigate

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

You write like you need an English course.

Kaplan University - Do not waste your time!

Houston, Texas 0 comments
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

This school was a joke. They lie to you to get you to sign up and then steal your pell grant money and financial aid.

I have NEVER been able to find a job with this "degree" and now own thousands of dollars in student loans. I was told they would help me find a job and that never happened. I was told I would be able to keep my pell grant money and that never happened. This place needs to be shut down.

It is a scam on desperate and needy people. I can't believe nothing has been done thus far about these kind of places.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

I didn't like: Unethical, Scam, No customer service, High loan amounts.

Kaplan University - What a joke people...

King, North Carolina 0 comments

I attended Kaplan for 2 years for my associates in medical assisting. I never had a problem with Kaplan and I loved all the professors I had and my advisor.

I have made the President's list once and Dean's list every term and received offers from many scholar societies and I finished with a 3.8 GPA. BUT, right at the time of my graduation date, which was July 2015, they stated that I owed them $522.00. Now they are holding my transcript hostage, meaning I cant sit for my RMA exam until the balance is paid and they are claiming that I am a non-graduate. But I have completed everything I needed in order to graduate.

I called and spoke with the financial department and they claim that during my second to last term Kaplan "accidently" sent me my Pell grant check for $1400. Meaning, if they had not sent me that check in the first place, I would of had enough Pell grant money to cover me for the rest of my studies. The Pell grant money is from the government, NOT Kaplan. Now I owe KAPLAN money because THEY made a mistake with my Pell grant.

If they had not sent me that check then I wouldn't owe them anything. Meaning, they would not get ANY money from me personally. Meaning, THEY DO NOT MAKE A PROFIT! All of you people who say Kaplan was a great school, yeah, I thought the same thing until they screwed me over, along with most other students that attend.

If you actually read and do your research on Kaplan FAD, there was a class action lawsuit filed against them in 2012; along with former employees who worked at Kaplan in the FAD saying there was nothing but fraud. So, if you had a great experience at Kaplan and actually graduated, you more than likely got screwed over without even realizing it and just fed into their trap of making them even richer.

Way to go!! If I would have done better research before starting Kaplan, I would not have even attended this school.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Fraudulent practices.

Kaplan University - Kaplan is a Diploma Mill and Rip off

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 0 comments

I worked in Financial Aid for six years! All I can say is the fraud is unreal.

most of the FA documents are photo shopped for signatures, once you sign one form, they have you. They are a diploma mill. The professors are told to pass everyone and are in trouble if they don't. Admissions gives the answers to the entrance exams.

The tuition costs increase when the grants increase, so they use all the limits of everything possible to put you in a lot of debt. They squeeze every last dollar they can. They have private loan sharking companies that charge 18% to 24% interest to cover any gap that is not covered by loans and grants. They are non-for profit because the Feds wanted to close them.

Keiser the mizer is worth 300 million dollars and he is now so rich they can't touch him, he has lawyer-ed up big time. Don't go here folks. and if you did not login and you enrolled, admissions will log you in so you get charged so that they can reach there quota for enrollments. This is a boiler room situation.

There is nothing non for profit about this school. Keiser hides behind loop holes in the system. Google what the definition of not for profit is and you will be very surprised to learn it is not what you think it is.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS!!! I could tell you more but I don't have enough space.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Kaplan University - During my last term at Kaplan, I was looking over my financial statement from Kaplan and notice that room and broad alone with travel expense was listed.

Urbandale, Iowa 0 comments

In contacting the university in concern of the above mention issues, I was informed that I had to pay out of pocket $381.00 in order to receive my plot and if I wanted to continue my education with Kaplan. At this time I was blown away to hear of this, I realize that I am expected to pay the loan student loan back however not the $381.00 out of pocket expense.

I had intended to seek a Master in Psychology from Kaplan I now realize that , this will never happen.

I have been receiving phone calls from Kaplan about the balance that I own to the school . I had made an agreement with Kaplan to pay the above mention amount, however I founded myself in a homeless shelter and was not able to make such payment.