Kaplan University - Almost finished dream crushed

So I was doing great with college until they told me I had a week to come up with $1000. This on top of being a new mom leaving me no choice but to drop out.

Now I'm trying to get my credits transferred and even though I'm paying on my student loans for these guys they refuse to let me have them. :'(

Kaplan University - Pushy advisors

Some of the advisors are very pushy and uncompassionate and do not let up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Kaplan University - Great School!

4.9
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I was able to complete both my bachelor and master degrees at the school. I went through class with no problems.

I found that I got out of class what I put in. I had to do the work to study and remain diligent. I would recommend the school. I found the classes interesting and challenging.

My degrees are in business. I found the instructors engaging and helpful. They were also very knowledgeable.

The externship allowed me to be the sales manager at Kaplan Radio. I was also with a team able to run a corporation start up moving forward to sales and profitability using real-world possibilities and making corporate decisions based on my position in the virtual company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Program.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Resolved: Kaplan University - Kaplan Took 5.5 Years of My Life Just to Shatter My Dreams

1801 E Kimberly Rd #1, Davenport, IA 52807, USA 0 comments
Resolved
5.0
Scholarship, Grants and Programs
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jul 12, 2017

Resolved between staff and myself and getting this in writing with new agreement honoring the original agreement.

Update by user Jul 12, 2017

Kaplan contacted me this morning and they have resolved the issue very professionally. I will be sent agreement in writing, as well as be able to continue with Masters program and get my diploma upon pay off of loan in next 4 terms.

Even though I somehow slipped through cracks and wasnt supposed to be rolled into masters program until paid in full, Kaplan is honoring their original agreement and letting me continue. Theyve also provided me with the counseling department for help with personal issues and forwarded me over to their disability department to help in anyway that they can help me. Im very pleased at the turn around to resolve this situation and look forward to getting back to working on my next degree in a much more serene mindset. Very pleased with Kaplan overall, and love my professors.

So, Im getting back to working towards a better future through continued education. Nina Jones

Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2017

Hello, I found you by accident and pray someone can help me. Below is just basic info to see if you can help, or refer me to someone that can.

I have all documentation and correspondence collaborating between myself and all parties involved at Kaplan, its saved and ready if needed. Current Student and Graduate with no diploma or official transcripts due to lie after lie by Kaplan who sells degrees, not an education. I speak to them a couple times a week and currently in school, but keep getting locked out and harrassed. Im so disgusted with Kaplan University who is in process of being bought by Purdue University.

I graduated a bachelors in science psychology in april 2017, they ran out of funding for my bachelors and gave me a personal loan 2 terms before graduating and rolled me into the masters program promising that there would be no problems with having an outstanding loan with them since FAFSA had paid my bachelors and the new loan on my masters .. Ive been locked out of classes as of now for my masters program with Kaplan demanding I pay the balance on personal loan $5000.00 before I can get back into class even though FAFSA has paid my student account current .. They refuse to give me my diploma or official transcripts from graduating my bachelors in April, these were all lies to get me into masters program and now 5.5 years of my life has been dedicated to Kaplan and my education for nothing, and I was a 3.89 GPA entire time. Im on disability with severe mental health issues.

Suicidal ideation has occurred on more than one occasion since being harrassed weekly by Kaplan. They have no empathy or compassion, they are selling degrees, not an education. I have multiple emails and phone calls that have gotten me nowhere and Im at my wits end. Any help I can get on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Ive been scammed and now afraid of them garnishing my disability check 30%. I cannot live on this, I just want to give up on life because Im going to end up homeless, and Im scared to death. Im trying to make contact with you in hopes that I can get some sort of resolution to this issue. Thank you Nina M.

Jones current Kaplan Student and graduate with nothing to prove ive graduated except my printed own proof of unofficial transcripts from Kaplan school.

please contact me at 832-881-5159 ninmarjon68@gmail.com Thank you for your time, Nina M. Jones

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Master Of Science In Psychology Program.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Kaplan University - KAPLAN IS HORRIBLE

I attended Kaplan online in 2012-2014 when I should have received my Bachelors degree but instead I recieved a email stating I owed money. Now I was completely confused being that I had finanicial aid as well as school funding so how was this possible.

How did my aid run out without me even being acknowledged? 1700.00 is what KAPLAN is saying I owe them for what, I have no idea. On top of that. I have roughly 2 classes left which they have told me I must pay out of pocket and remind you, these classes are a couple of $1000 dollars EACH.

Being a single mother of two, this is finacial tragedy. My education is not only on stand still but I am in educational DEBT because of the lack of communication and scams from this school. 2 yrs later, I find out its on my credit and has lowered my score. Again.

kaplan has no explanations or sympathy for anything at all. Why do they wait until graduation before they finacially *** over. Please HELP.

I can't go on with my goals or educational plans because of this. And I just want to better myself for my children but Kaplan could careless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Kaplan University - Kaplan's Horrible Finance Department

1.5
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I attended Kaplan University online over two years ago. I thought this was a great way for me to get my degree and still allow me to work full time to earn money.

The admissions department was super nice and got me all signed up. During the classes I realized how unorganized this school actually was. At first I just assumed that this was a new school that was just starting out but I was in shock when I was told it wasn't. I didn't attend Kaplan for longer than a semester due to the fact I absolutely couldn't absorb any of the information that was being taught.

Which I personally believe that I am just not meant for online schooling. While I was not totally in love with how the material was presented what makes me really angry is Kaplan's Finance department. Turns out over two years later while trying to get my transcripts I now owe Kaplan a total of $777, which I have to pay before they will release my transcripts. I don't have a problem paying the money but what no one at Kaplan will answer is why was I not contacted about this balance before.

According to my account there I owe them $0 because February of last year they wrote of my debt to collections. Another thing they won't answer is to what collections agency? I am anal about checking my credit and have zero debt in collections at this time, I was baffled to see that I owed that much in collections and even more dumbfounded as to why I wasn't contacted by anybody for over a year. If you are late one a credit card payment they call you day and night how am I supposed to believe that they wouldn't call me about my balance.

Trying to an answer out of these people is a joke. I have had at lest two people tell me that they will call me back and of course I get nothing.

I call them I get transferred and hung up on. I absolutely would not recommend this college for the simple fact of they are seriously unorganized.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Simply to be informed of the problems i have experienced.

Kaplan University Fraud

You don't have to wait until close to graduation to be ripped on in the financial aid department. They said I had to use their private lender for my aid because I did not qualify for the Pell Grant.

So I did or so I thought, I found out today that there are 16 Stafford loans in my name totaling almost $70,000 and didn't even complete the course because they started calling me and telling me that to continue I would have to pay $1000 more up front per class in order to continue. Who can afford that?

I want help with this matter. I tried to get help from the student Loan Debt forgiveness and even they want more money than I have just to help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: student aid.

I didn't like: Fraudulent practices.

Comments

Springfield, Illinois, United States #1341148

Where do I send my complaint. Where do I sign

You do not need to pay to apply for loan forgiveness because a school committed fraud. The company will take $ to go fill out the forms for free for you.

Your paying them to do the same thing you can go do for free....that's just wrong.

Please go to https://borrowerdischarge.ed.gov/FormWizard/BDU/BDUBorrowerInfo.aspx and fill out the form yourself to request loan forgiveness. Hope this helps!

Kaplan university direct deposit

5.0
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I am not sure why Kaplan can not set up direct deposit I am waiting on a check no fault of Kaplan but it is lost in the mail somewhere and I am about to be homeless if this money don't come, but if Kaplan had direct deposit then I would not have to worry about a check getting lost, but over all I don't have no problem with Kaplan they work with you to do good in class they help you one on one always there when I need them, I am talking about the Kaplan in Indianapolis, I enjoy the school just really wish they offered direct deposit. I never had any problems getting my check never any problems with my money just no direct deposit

Reason of review: i am happy with my overall experience with Kaplan just not happy that they dont have direct deposit.

I liked: That they are always there when i need them.

I didn't like: That they dont have direct deposit.

Comments

Currently waiting for mines to be direct deposited. It should of been disbursed on the 2nd of July, 2018.. Do anyone know what a ledger card balance is on my student account???

to Janell #1512403

Who told you July 2nd was the disbursement date? Im. Current student at Purdue global university

to Janell #1512407

Who gave you the July 2nd Date?

They do have direct deposit.... call them and ask them how to set it up.

My checks come within a few days after my stipend appears in my account. But I was told today that they now have direct deposit. We should be receiving information soon.

Pooler, Georgia, United States #1352820

I've had 3 checks get "lost in the mail", it seems more like a scam to hold on to students money.

View more comments

Kaplan University - Told one thing that never happened

As i was coming up to graduation everything was going fine until i finished I was denied my degree due to a $1000.00 bill on my account. That $1000.00 was to be a grant that they gave me when I signed up for courses.

I argued with them and even sent them a copy of the grant and they wouldn't honor it. So after taking all the courses and getting stuck with the student loans I still have nothing to show for it and I graduated in 2010 and its know 2016.

I know that its just a piece of paper but its something that means more and to not honor it can change they way you look at it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Student Loan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Would like for the company to honor the grant.

I didn't like: Not honoring.

Kaplan University - Have their practices investigated

Chattanooga, Tennessee 0 comments
2.3
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Unrealistic document due dates and no contact from academic advising for several weeks. My academic adviser literally blamed my former high school for not holding onto my academic records for 24 years when they are only required to hold onto it for 5.

50 attempts to get student just to get the student verification forms submitted and 15 attempts to get the high school transcripts to them. I left one university due to its discrimination practices only to get treated like trash by this one.

The professors are great, but the rest could not care less. Good thing I do know of some attorneys that have advised me about where to look.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kaplan University Customer Care.

Reason of review: Blocks students if high school transcripts cannot be received on the same day as requested..

Preferred solution: Accept my previous college degree completion plan with college transcript included and allow me into already scheduled courses until High School transcripts arrive. If not I will send the snapshot from my documents to the department of education..